This year HAMFEST featured new gear, old friends, informative workshops and a big party. Here's a look at just some of what went down in Hyderabad.
The 2014 edition of Hyderabad HAMFEST was attended by 1,000 hams who flocked to the year's largest ham radio event in India held on November 8 & 9, 2014. HAM radio enthusiasts from across the countries like Saudi Arabia, Bangladesh and Nepal were participated in the event.
Attendees checked out the latest equipment, heard experts speak at forums, scoured flee markets for bargains, and of course met up with friends. The weather was almost as varied as the activities, with alternating sunshine and rain on Sunday. Whatever the weather, hams made the best of it,
- more than 20 kits sellers
- flea market, New Radios, Accessories, Antennas
- 10 Sessions - Satellites to CW
- Competitions: CW, Quiz, Fox Hunt, Junkbox Wars
- Auctions of old equipment
- Workshop and satellites, Arduino, SDRs
Hats off to convener of Ham-fest India VU2ESE-Asshar Farhan and VU2LCH-Lamakaan Amateur Radio Club to arranging such a marvelous and successful HAMFEST.