My new project for Yagi for 2 Meter band , Material I have used is
(1) Saddle , Nut & bolt (Rs. 10.00 for 4 Pcs )
(2) ½” CPVC Pipe for Boom 40” ( Rs. 40.00)
(3) ½ “ CPV “ T Junction “ (Rs. 10.00)
(4) Aluminum Rods (from Scrap) (Rs. 40.00)
A pcs of Aluminum Strips to hold the rods on the beam , So lets make it,
- First of all fix aluminum rods using strip to hold the element & mount on the saddle.
- Mount All there elements on the CPVC boom as shown below,
- Kept saddle on the boom adjustable as to adjust the distance between the elements , it will required to tune the antenna (can be fixed permanently)
- Driven element is separated by Rubber Strip (insulator) , not touching each other.
- The distance between the Reflector & driven element is 16 “
This is Three elements Yagi antenna Reflector, Driven & Director,
The length of the reflector is 40"
The Length of the Driven element is 39"/ 2 = 19.6" each side each
The length of the Director is 35"
I have used SC20C SWR power meter (Diamond) to tune the antenna.
I have use LMR 400 running to my Rig, tested the same design on MAMNA-GAL & the result was excellent,